The Marriott Bonvoy Business Amex is offering enough points to book 4 free nights in Tuscany, but only until October 23
Renaissance Tuscany IL Ciocco Resort & Spa/Facebook
- The Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card is currently offering a higher-than-usual welcome bonus.
- You can earn 100,000 Marriott points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first three months (the standard offer is for 75,000 points).
- You have lots of options for redeeming those points - just one example is four free nights at a Mariott property in Tuscany.
- This offer is available until October 23.
- If you're a small-business owner who wants to book Marriott award stays, this card could be a good choice. In addition to earning Marriott points on all your spending, it offers complimentary Marriott Silver status and a free night award for hotels that cost up to 35,000 points each year.
If you have a small business, keeping your company and personal expenses separate is key to minimizing headaches, especially around tax time when you'll want to have everything organized.
Luckily, business credit cards can be just as rewarding as the personal credit cards from Amex, Chase, and other issuers. In many cases, business credit cards offer similar perks to their non-business counterparts, often with additional benefits or bonus categories thrown in to address business owners' particular needs.
If you have a company or a side gig that qualifies you for a business card and you could make use of some extra Marriott points, now's a good time to look at the Marriott Bonvoy Business Amex.
Keep in mind that we're focusing on the rewards and perks that make these credit cards great options, not things like interest rates and late fees, which can far outweigh the value of any rewards.
When you're working to earn credit card rewards, it's important to practice financial discipline, like paying your balances off in full each month, making payments on time, and not spending more than you can afford to pay back. Basically, treat your credit card like a debit card.
Read more: The best business credit cards available now
Marriott Bonvoy Business Amex offer details
The Marriott Bonvoy Business is currently offering 100,000 Marriott points to new cardholders who spend $5,000 in the first three months. The standard welcome offer is for 75,000 points, so you can get 25,000 more points right now.
This a limited-time offer, available though October 23, so don't wait too long if you're interested.
As part of this offer, the card's also available with 0% APR for the first six months. After that, the APR is a variable rate of 17.74% to 26.74%. There are better 0% options for carrying a balance, especially if you need to carry it for longer than six months, but if your business is short on cash flow in the first few months and you know you'll be able to pay it off before the six-month period ends, this offer is something to consider.
How much is this offer worth?
Travel website The Points Guy values Marriott points at 0.8 cents apiece, which would mean the Bonvoy Business Amex card's 100,000-point offer is worth $800.
This valuation is based on the various options you have for using Marriott points. The most obvious way to redeem your points is to book free hotel nights, and with 100,000 points you have plenty of options.
As just one example, you could put 100,000 Marriott points to use at a Category 4 hotel that costs 25,000 points per night and get four free nights. I took a look at the Marriott properties in Italy and saw some nice options, including the Renaissance Tuscany II Ciocco Resort & Spa and the Eremito, Parrano, a Member of Design Hotels in Umbria.
Of course, you could also splurge for a higher-end hotel like the Category 8 St. Regis Florence, where a free night costs 85,000 points.
Marriott Bonvoy Business Amex benefits
The Bonvoy Business Amex earns bonus points on a handful of spending categories:
- 6x points on eligible Marriott purchases
- 4x points at US restaurants, US gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from US service providers, and on US purchases for shipping
- 2x points on everything else
It's probably not the best option if you just want one business credit card for all your spending - you could do better with an option that earns a flat rate on all purchases, like the Ink Business Unlimited.
The card comes with several other benefits for Marriott guests:
- A free night award each year after your card account anniversary for hotels that cost up to 35,000 points per night
- Complimentary Marriott Silver status
- 15 elite night credits toward status each year
Click here to learn more about the Marriott Bonvoy Business Amex card from our partner The Points Guy.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Personal Finance Insider team. We occasionally highlight financial products and services that can help you make smarter decisions with your money. We do not give investment advice or encourage you to adopt a certain investment strategy. What you decide to do with your money is up to you. If you take action based on one of our recommendations, we get a small share of the revenue from our commerce partners. This does not influence whether we feature a financial product or service. We operate independently from our advertising sales team.
Business Insider may receive a commission from The Points Guy Affiliate Network, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.