The NBA just dealt a major blow to Coca-Cola
Mountain Dew will be the leading soft drink in the partnership, which PepsiCo is expected to announce on Monday, the industry journal Beverage Digest reports.
Aquafina, Lipton Brisk and some Frito snack products will also be featured in the campaign.
The deal expands PepsiCo's sports sponsorship empire in the US.
The company already has North American sponsorship rights with the NFL, Major League Baseball and the National Hockey League.
The terms of the deal have not been disclosed, but Fortune reports that "a source close to the deal said it was worth significantly more than the previous partnership with Coca-Cola KO in terms of the overall investment from PepsiCo."
This is the second recent win for PepsiCo over Coca-Cola. The company's namesake drink recently surpassed Diet Coke to become the No. 2 soft drink in the US, behind Coca-Cola.
- I just got laid off from my dream job at Tesla without warning. I feel like my life got uprooted so a billionaire could save some money.
- Four-days work week, full and final settlement within 2 days of exit — new changes at workplaces to reflect from July 1
- Mark Zuckerberg told Meta staff he's upping performance goals to get rid of employees who 'shouldn't be here,' report says
- SIMPLY PUT: extreme weather is the new normal in India
- Antonia Wade, PwC's global CMO, tells Insider how B2B spending changes in tough economic times
- Ban on single-use plastic kicks in across India as the country recognises the choking impacts of plastic waste on the environment
- Bank FDs will draw down from mutual funds if interest rates go up to 7.5-8%, says report
- Best smartphones under ₹40,000 in India