Gordon Ramsay called a TikTok user's healthy creation an 'idiot sandwich' after she used bell peppers instead of bread
Gordon Ramsayhas been filming his reactions to people's cookingclips on TikTok.
- He recently reviewed popular
foodblogger My Nguyen and her "low-carb bell pepper sandwich."
- Ramsay watched in horror as Nguyen put turkey and spinach in a bell pepper, bringing back his famous phrase to call it an "idiot sandwich."
- Nguyen told Insider that it was "quite an honor to be roasted by Gordon Ramsay."
Gordon Ramsay has never held back when it comes to critiquing people's home-cooked meals, and now the "MasterChef" star has taken his reviews to TikTok.
Ramsay has recently started posting what he calls "#RamsayReacts" videos, filming his reactions to people's cooking clips on TikTok.
And Ramsay had some biting words for popular food blogger My Nguyen and her bell pepper sandwich on Friday.
"I'm making a low-carb sandwich with bell pepper and cream cheese," Nguyen, of @myhealthydish, explains in the video as Ramsay looks on in horror.
"Is that a bell pepper? No," he says. "Cream cheese? Really? No. Come on!"
And Ramsay's opinion isn't swayed as Nguyen adds some spinach, Everything Bagel seasoning, and a few turkey slices before putting the other half of the bell pepper on top.
"That is not a sandwich," Ramsay exclaims. "No, that is not a low-carb sandwich. Young lady, that there is an idiot sandwich, right there!"
Nguyen told Insider that she had "plenty of tears" rolling down her face when she saw Ramsay's video — but it was from laughing, not crying.
"As funny as it sounds, it was quite an honor to be roasted by Gordon Ramsay," she said.
Nguyen had entered her video under the #RamsayReacts hashtag, but never expected that the Michelin-starred chef would actually comment on her bell pepper sandwich.
You’ve seen me roast dishes, but have you seen me Duet with them?? Use ##RamsayReacts to see my reaction to your dish!♬ original sound - user941061508
"The now famous #idiotsandwich is a typical snack that I have during the day," she said. "What's ironic now is that the sandwich is trending on TikTok and people are eating it and tagging me in their videos."
"Idiot sandwich" is a phrase that Ramsay famously coined in a parody of his show "Hell's Kitchen" for an episode of "The Late Late Show with James Corden" in 2015.
The clip shows Ramsay holding two pieces of bread against "Big Brother" host Julie Chen's head.
"What are you?" he yells.
"An idiot sandwich!" she replies.
The clip was an internet sensation and "idiot sandwich" quickly became a popular meme on Twitter.
Ramsay's reaction to Nguyen's video has since racked up more than 37 million views at the time of writing, but the food blogger is taking it all in her stride.
Nguyen recently posted a clip of one of her daughters holding two bell peppers against her own head, just as Ramsay had done with Chen.
"Yes," she wrote in the caption. "I'm a Idiot Sandwich."
- Gautam Adani crashes out of the $100 billion club, but still is 10x richer than he was 2 years back
- Understanding Gautam Adani’s rise: a story on how to generate wealth via hope, equity and of course debt
- ISRO announces free online course for students above 10 years – eligibility, how to apply and everything you need to know
- Theatres cross pre-pandemic gross revenue collection despite pricey movie tickets
- Former Twitter India head quits his latest metaverse edtech venture
- Realme Pad X tablet with Snapdragon processor launched in China, coming soon to India – check out price, specifications and features
- Amid rumours of Telegram Premium, the messaging app reportedly drops its ‘free forever’ tag line
- Third-party apps connected to your car may be stealing your data