This viral wrap hack makes cooking quesadillas easier than ever, and more delicious too
- A hack for making quesadillas is trending on social media.
- The method involves dividing a tortilla into quarters, placing a different ingredient in each section, folding it up, then cooking in a sandwich press.
- Food influencers have created versions inspired by pizza, breakfast, and even s'mores.
- The hack has taken off because it's easy but also means you get every ingredient in each bite, food influencer Valentina Mussi said.
A quesadilla isn't exactly a tricky dish to make, but a new method has gone viral on social media for making the process even easier - and the outcome more delicious.
The quesadilla hack involves dividing a wrap into quarters, putting a different ingredient in each section, folding it up, then cooking in a panini press.
While likely not a brand new concept, the technique has gained traction on TikTok recently, and now spread to Instagram, with foodie influencers from across the world putting their spin on the hack.
Some people made theirs using a frying pan instead of a sandwich press too.
Her first is a pizza-inspired recipe, made with a flour tortilla, pizza sauce, shredded mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, grated Parmesan, and Italian seasoning.
Mussi then followed up with a sweet, s'mores-esque quesadilla, made with a flour tortilla, Nutella, a graham cracker, a white chocolate mini KitKat, mini marshmallows, and Kinder bars.
Mussi told Insider she thinks the recipe has taken off because a quesadilla or wrap is "quintessential lazy person food," but the usual method is "flawed."
"When you take a bite, you usually tend to just bite into one of the ingredients at once, let's say lettuce, while missing out on the cheese, beans, and tomato," she said. "When diving the tortilla into quarters, you ensure that all ingredients are evenly distributed and you bite into them all at once. Other than this being a practical hack, I love how pretty much anyone can replicate it at home and give it their own twist."
- SIMPLY PUT: What happened before India got Freedom@Midnight
- Here’s how much banks have increased home loan interest rates
- Avatar 2, Black Panther 2, Ant Man — Here is a complete list of Hollywood movies expected to hit Indian theaters in the next 6-7 months
- Taj Hotels’ Qmin food delivery app claims to be the only profitable business among its peers
- India's foreign exchange reserves fall to $573 bn