A 'bargain' Rolex, the brand's first new model in nearly 20 years at the time it was released, may be the best watch investment right now. Here's why, according to one reseller.
- Rolex watches are notoriously pricey, but the luxury brand's "bargain" watch might be the best bet for a watch collector.
- Online watch reseller Watchfinder & Co. thinks that the Rolex Sky-Dweller 326933 may be the wisest investment for horology enthusiasts.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
The price of entry to purchase a Rolex watch continues to grow higher and higher, so finding a true bargain has become extremely rare. As Watchfinder & Co. points out, however, there's currently one watch in particular that could be the next best cost-effective investment for watch enthusiasts: the Rolex Sky-Dweller 326933.In 2012, Rolex released the Rolex Sky-Dweller, its first new watch in almost 20 years. The model was also Rolex's most technical watch to date, as it included a clever annual calendar feature and an extremely complicated movement that took into account specific months that have 30 days instead of 31. The watch received heightened attention because of its features, but since it carried a gold finish, it was too expensive and many turned to Patek Philippe for its similar model instead. "Damned by its own excellence," notes Watchfinder & Co.Advertisement
In 2017 Rolex re-released the model using steel instead of gold. Interest and sales soared with the help of its new accessible price point, but the steel and gold version of the model, the Rolex Sky-Dweller 326933, ended up going unnoticed by most as it fell at a price point in between gold and steel. In the video above, Watchfinder & Co. explains the rocky journey of the Rolex Sky-Dweller and why the once overlooked 326933 model could be the best watch investment right now.
Elsewhere in watches, a rare Rolex Daytona 6241 "Paul Newman" was recently found on a $25 USD thrift-store couch.
NOW WATCH: Why Rolex watches are so expensive
- Amit Sadh tests negative for COVID-19
- Understanding bat immune system may help identify new COVID-19 drug targets, scientists say
- Samsung SpaceMax Family Hub refrigerator in India for Rs 1.97 lakh
- From Chingari to Mitron TV – TikTok clone apps in India are now aggressively hiring to handle the user surge
- Russia claims world’s first COVID-19 vaccine after successful clinical trials