A new Italian yacht concept is designed to look like a killer whale and can handle Arctic exploration - and it highlights one of the biggest trends shaping luxury travel in the new decade
- Rosetti Superyachts, an Italian shipyard, just unveiled a 213-foot yacht concept dubbed Project Orca.
- The vessel is designed to look (and operate) like a killer whale - a mammal known for being able to thrive in all climates.
- The yacht design underscores the recent trend of Arctic exploration for the ultra-wealthy.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Rosetti Superyachts, an Italian shipyard, just unveiled a yacht concept inspired by killer whales.
At 213 feet, the vessel will dwarf the actual mammal ten times over - but it will be designed to have the general appearance of an orca and be engineered to thrive in harsh climates, similar to an orca.
"Instantly recognizable by their distinctive black-and-white coloring, these sea mammals roam the world's oceans from the Antarctic to the tropics, which is exactly what our Explorer Yacht is designed to do," Fulvio Dodich, Rosetti Superyachts' CEO, said in a statement.
The concept will take an estimated three years to build at an undisclosed price, but upon completion, it is expected to be a four-deck superyacht with luxurious trappings, a range of 5,000 miles, and a speed of 11 knots.
The development of yet another arctic-oriented luxury cruiser further underscores arctic exploration as a travel priority for the wealthy.
Keep reading for a look at renderings of Project Orca and other Arctic-related luxury vessels.
Rosetti Superyachts' newest concept design mimics the appearance of a killer whale, down to the dorsal fin.
The superyacht has a four-deck design with a variety of luxury features.
Project Orca is designed to accommodate 12 guests and 14 crew members.
Project Orca is not the only recent design to prioritize luxury Arctic travel.
Some recent designs are even a direct comment on climate change making Arctic travel easier.
For those not looking to own a superyacht, the luxury cruise industry is also expanding to accommodate Arctic exploration.
- India vs Pakistan at ICC T20 World Cup: The ‘Men in Blue’ have a definite advantage in this one
- Tamil drama 'Koozhangal' is India's official entry for Oscars 2022
- ICICI Bank net profit rises 25% on lower provisions in September quarter
- Best keyboard for writers in India
- Best large size party speakers in India