A song referencing Shane Dawson's retracted claim that he sexually assaulted a cat appeared on his Spotify account, sparking speculation he's been hacked
- YouTuber Shane Dawson's Spotify account has released a song titled "I Fucked My Cat."
- In 2015 Dawson said his first sexual experience was with his cat, but later retracted the statement.
- There is now speculation his Spotify account was hacked.
YouTuber Shane Dawson's Spotify account appears to have recently released a song titled "I Fucked My Cat."
In a 2015 episode of Dawson's podcast "Shane and Friends," he said his first sexual experience had been with his pet cat. The clip recirculated around the internet in 2019, where it was widely mocked and criticized by viewers. Dawson has since retracted this comment and apologized.
Dawson has been a YouTuber since 2009. He grew a following of over 20 million subscribers on the platform, becoming particularly well known for his multi-part documentary-style videos on figures such as controversial influencers Jeffree Star and Jake Paul. He also released two songs in 2012, which are still available to listen to on his Spotify account.
In the past year, Dawson has been mostly absent from the internet, after getting "canceled" for old resurfaced content where he used racial slurs, wore blackface, and made sexual jokes about minors.
On Spotify, the track "I Fucked My Cat" appears under 2021 releases. Dawson has not commented on its existence, but followers have speculated it may be a result of his account getting hacked. An Instagram account by the name of Lil Radio, which also appears as an artist on the track, appeared to take credit for the hack on his Instagram story highlights, posting a screenshot of a tweet about the song with the text, "We did that," tagging three other accounts. The owner of the Instagram account did not respond to Insider's request for comment.
In the song, a vocalist thanks Dawson, and says he too wants to have sex with his cat. In one line, he says "her ass is so fat," and then asks "damn why my cat look at me like that?"
On the controversial podcast episode Shane said, "One time, I laid my cat down on her back and then moved her little chicken legs spread open." He added,"I came all over the cat."
Dawson later apologized in a series of tweets and said he told the story for shock value. He said it was "fake" and he was "embarrassed" by it.
"i didnt fuck my cat. i didnt cum on my cat. i didnt put my dick anywhere near my cat. Ive never done anything weird with my cats. I promised myself i wasnt going to make apology videos after last years thing so im just trying to be as short and honest with this as possible," he wrote.
Insider has reached out to Spotify and representatives for Dawson for comment.
- Oct 1 deadline for compulsory e-invoice generation nears for firms with ₹10 crore turnover
- Prospective homebuyers expect property prices to increase
- ICICIdirect launches online platform Flash Trade for F&O traders
- Apple announces offers on iPhone 14 series, AirPods Pro
- Great resignation impact being felt in India as attrition rate remains elevated at 20% in 2022
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Rice and Pulses
- IIT Guwahati
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- Biggest Billionaires
- Sundar Pichai
- Home Loan
- Vinod Shantilal Adani
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Accenture earnings forecast
- India's Richest People
- Best 5G Smartphone
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World