Allison Janney says she feels 'free' now that she's stopped using hair dye and extensions
- Allison Janney appeared on "The Drew Barrymore Show" on Tuesday, and spoke about her natural hair.
- She said she feels "free" now that she's stopped using hair dye, extensions, and other treatments.
- The actress also shared "embarrassing" stories about her past experiences with extensions.
Allison Janney is embracing her natural hair - grays and all.
The actress appeared on "The Drew Barrymore Show" on Tuesday while wearing a white blouse and pink blazer with a short, gray hairstyle. Barrymore addressed Janney's new cut at the start of their interview, and described Janney's hair as "stunning."
"I cannot tell you how amazing it is to feel free - free from hair color, and hair extensions, and hair tapes, and blah blah blah," Janney said.
Janney then described the feeling of running her hands through her hair as being heaven-like, and said she's "enjoying this new chapter" in her "hairdo world."
"Hopefully sometime a man would be able to run his hands through my hair and appreciate it," she joked.
According to the actress, hair extensions have previously led to some of her "low moments" in her life and career.
"Drew, I had one time, I was flirting with this guy," she continued. "I was walking down the street in New York and I was just kind of putting my hands through my hair, and two extensions came out. I was just dropping them on the ground. I've had more embarrassing moments with hair extensions coming out."
Hairstylist Jill Crosby styled Janney's hair for the appearance and shared photos of the actress on Instagram.
More and more celebrities have been showing off their gray hair and natural styles since the pandemic began in 2020.
Stars including Kevin Hart, Nikki Bella, and Tamera Mowry-Housley have all shared photos of their gray strands, while Kelly Ripa even posted a chart that shows her changing hair color over time.
- Chip shortage hits new brands in tough Indian laptop market
- Petrol and diesel prices hiked again by 35 paise for fifth consecutive day across the country
- India vs Pakistan at ICC T20 World Cup: The ‘Men in Blue’ have a definite advantage in this one
- Tamil drama 'Koozhangal' is India's official entry for Oscars 2022
- ICICI Bank net profit rises 25% on lower provisions in September quarter