Elon Musk says California's insurance commissioner should be 'voted out of office' over car insurance prices
Elon Musksaid California's insurancecommissioner Ricardo Lara should be voted out of office.
- Musk told Lara that his policies are responsible for Californians' high insurance
Elon Musk said on Thursday that Ricardo Lara, California's insurance commissioner, should be "voted out of office" over car insurance prices.
The billionaire's comment came in response to Lara's tweet about what Musk said in
On the topic of
Musk said in the earnings call that if Tesla customers drive safely then their insurance will cost less, adding that it "rewards it monetarily."
"I think the current California rules are contrary to the best interest of the consumers in California and should be changed," Musk said in the earnings call.
Lara tweeted later: "Push all you want, but we won't bend on protecting consumer data, privacy and fair rates." Lara added in a follow-up tweet that California state has only allowed vehicle data to work out miles driven by each person.
In response, the Tesla CEO tweeted: "You should be voted out of office," adding in a later tweet: "Your policies are directly responsible for the outrageously high insurance premiums paid by Californians."
Tesla Insurance, which calculates prices through a customer's real-time driving behaviour, is available in Texas, Arizona, Illinois, and Ohio, per the company website.
Tesla Insurance is also known as a type of telematics insurance, which works out a price using technology to monitor people's driving. But reports have suggested that telematics insurance could breach data privacy.
- Australia researchers find poor sleep may be risk factor for Type 2 diabetes
- Max Financial Services: Company worth ₹24,000 crore running with only 12 employees
- NPCI defers UPI market cap rules till Dec 31, 2024
- SC quashes Kerala HC order granting anticipatory bail to 4 in ISRO espionage case
- India coal production for April-Nov period up 17%, to 524mn tonnes
- Dharmaj Crop IPO
- Reliance Jio
- Digital Nomad Visa
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Maruti Suzuki
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World