Former YouTuber Jenna Marbles engaged to long-time partner Julien Solomita
- YouTube celebrity
Jenna Marblesand long-time partner Julien Solomitaare engaged.
- Solomita announced the engagement during a livestream on
- The YouTuber announced her departure from the platform following backlash for old offensive content.
Former celebrity YouTuber Jenna Marbles, whose real name is
"A little while ago, I asked Jenna to marry me, and she said yes," Solomita said during the stream. "So we are engaged."
Mourey and Solomita started dating in 2013. It wasn't immediately clear when Solomita popped the question to Mourey, but he added that the engagement happened "probably longer ago than you think."
"I'm very excited, and it feels good to get the words out because I wanted to tell you for a while and I didn't because it was giving me anxiety so I just kind of held onto it," Solomita said. "And I think today I realized it was kind of flipped, and it was giving me more anxiety to kind of hold on to it, so there's the news."
Solomita showed a photo of Mourey's hand with the engagement ring and told viewers that she also bought him a ring "a little while after because she wanted me to enjoy the engagement too and be able to look at my hand, so now I have a little temporary ring" that he used to take off before streaming prior to making the announcement.
Mourey garnered over 20 million subscribers on her YouTube channel which she started in 2010. In June 2020, she announced that she was leaving the social media platform in an emotional apology video for old offensive content on her page.
The couple also ran a joint podcast, called the Jenna & Julien Podcast, for six years, which they ended in August of last year, thanking their fans in the final episode of the show. Though Mourey's social media presence has largely diminished since her departure from YouTube, Solomita has posted on his own personal YouTube channel and he continues to host Twitch streams.
"She's still offline, as you know, but still very much a part of my life, and now it's official," Solomita said during the Twitch stream.
"I'm very happy, she's very happy," he continued. "You were all very much a part of our relationship for a long time, and just because you don't see her anymore doesn't mean, you know, you still don't appreciate her and want to know this stuff."
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- Elon Musk told his 76-year-old dad Errol to 'keep quiet' in a text message after he said he wasn't proud of his son, report says
- Armed Trump supporters protest outside FBI office in Phoenix following Mar-a-Lago raid: reports
- How India can create opportunities for its new-age farmers
- Akasa Air founder, big bull Rakesh Jhunjhunwala passes at 62
- SIMPLY PUT: What happened before India got Freedom@Midnight
- Qmin has been profitable business for IHCL from day one, says Jehangir Press
- Here’s how much banks have increased home loan interest rates