Ganesh Chaturthi 2021 - How to perform Ganesh puja procedure at home
When is Ganesh Chaturthi – Date and timing in 2021
Every year Ganesh Chaturthi is celebrated in the month of Bhadrapada on the fourth day (Chaturti) of Shukla Paksha or the bright phase of the lunar month. This year, Ganesh Chaturthi falls on Friday, September 10, 2021. The puja Muhurat for Ganesha Puja on this day is between 11:03 am and 01:33 pm.
Here is a step by step Ganesh Chaturthi puja procedure.
The whole family works as a team to welcome Lord Ganesh
Before the arrival of Ganesh Chaturthi, clean the house and make sure your home is neat and organized. On the day of Ganesh Chaturthi, wake up early in the morning and take a holy bath. Ganesh Chaturthi is a happy and sacred occasion. All the members in the family must share the responsibilities and perform the puja together and seek his blessings.
Getting the Ganesh idol
There are three approaches to planning the puja for Lord Ganesh. Some people use the image, picture, or an idol that they already have in their puja room. Alternatively, you can make an idol yourself with the family members using clay or turmeric. New images or idol (murti) of Ganesh can be bought from the shops and pandals. This is the most popular option used by most households. Every year, people go searching for a new idol that they use for prayers and procedures during this ten-day festival.
Setting up the altar for Lord Ganesh
Make the seating arrangements for Lord Ganesh on a raised platform or the traditional puja altar of the home. Draw rangoli in front of the altar. Spread a nice looking cloth on the pedestal or platform. Place the image/idol of Ganesh at the puja altar.
Light a lamp with gingelly oil or coconut oil. Light incense sticks and gather in front of the altar with the family members.
One can give a holy bath to the idol (if the material of the idol is suitable to permit the water). You can do so using rose water, sandal paste, coconut water, honey, panchamrit, and other materials. Wipe the idol with a clean cloth after the holy bath. Decorate the image of Ganesh with sandal paste, vermilion, clothing, ornaments, flowers, and garlands. Chant the mantras of Ganesh and offer flowers at the base of the image/idol.
Some Ganesh Slokas
1) Vakra Tunda Mahakaya Koti Surya Samaprabha, Nirvighnam Kurume Deva Sarva Karyeshu Sarvada
Advertisement2) Om Gajaananam Bhuta Ganaadi Sevitam
Kapitta Jambuu Phala Saar Pakshitam
Umasutam Shoka Vinaasha Kaaranam
AdvertisementNamami Vighneshwara Paada Pankajam
3) Shuklambharadharam Vishnum Shashi Varnam Chaturbhujam
Prasanna Vadanam Dhyayet Sarva Vighnopa Shantaye.
4) Om Gam Ganapataye Namah!
Conclusion of the Ganesh Chaturthi puja
Offer prasad and other dishes like modak and ladoos prepared at home for the puja. Offer coconut, fruits and other eatables you have specially brought for Ganesha.
Burn camphor at the altar and sing some Ganesha songs. Seek the blessings of Lord Ganesha. Distribute the prasad among the family members and invitees.
AdvertisementNote: Continue the puja in the morning and evening till you choose to keep the idol in worship following Ganesh Chaturthi. On the day of Visarjan, you can perform the final puja and bid farewell to Lord Ganesh, seeking his return to your home the next year.
Popular on BI
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- The best wildlife photos of the year show a curious grizzly, dueling reindeer, and fish swimming through a cloud of sperm
- Trading app Public lists shiba inu coin on its trading platform as the Robinhood rival broadens crypto offerings
- Best TKL mechanical keyboards in India
- Buy Premium 2.1 channel speakers for audiophiles
- Best artificial flowers for living room decoration in India
- This Ethereum-based metaverse is letting crypto fans own land on the Red Planet, even though international space laws would disagree
- Unemployment rate in India sees a dip after a month