Hyundai's most popular SUV is getting a major style overhaul, including a 'jewel-like' front grille
Hyundaiis about to launch the all-new, fourth-generation version of the Tucson.
- It’ll have a “jewel-like” front grille and will be available in both short- and long-wheelbase setups to suit different markets.
- The official debut will take place on September 15.
The current version of Hyundai's most popular SUV, the Tucson, is a fine car. But after about five years on the market, it's getting a little old.
Thus, the fourth-generation Tucson is coming, and this is your first peek at it.
On Wednesday, Hyundai published three teaser photos of the new car. They're shadowy images, which Business Insider brightened up for your viewing pleasure, and show what appears to be a completely redesigned front and rear. It's a complete departure from the styling of the current car, which can be seen below.
A style overhaul on the Tucson is a big deal for Hyundai. It was the automaker's top-selling SUV in 2019, with more than 137,000 models sold. The only vehicle in Hyundai's lineup that beat the Tucson was the smaller Elantra, which logged more than 175,000 sales last year.
The Tucson's new front fascia wears what Hyundai calls "Parametric Hidden Lights" that are composed of daytime running lights integrated into the "jewel-like" grille. Hyundai said they are only revealed when turned on.
Unsurprisingly, the new Tucson will be bigger and wider than the outgoing model, likely to please a market that constantly craves bigger and wider cars. Inside, the automaker likens the new Tucson to the feeling of a "modern boutique hotel." Judging from the photo, we can expect an integrated touchscreen as the center display console, as well as another screen to display driver information.
Hyundai also said the new Tucson will be the first compact SUV in its class to offer two different wheelbases, depending on which market it needs to satisfy. There will be short- and long-wheelbase versions of the Tucson — not unlike how there's a regular Audi A8 sedan and also an A8 L extended wheelbase sedan for extra cabin room.
Hyundai didn't offer any stats, pricing, or availability information at this time, but notes that the new Tucson's official press reveal will take place on September 15.
- A Google employee of 11 years says he and his wife stared at each other in 'disbelief' when they realized they'd both been laid off by the company
- Mark Zuckerberg reportedly said he doesn't like seeing 'managers managing managers,' fueling speculation of more layoffs
- The future of banking is entirely digital
- Study find out the potential cause of dementia
- Odisha Health Minister shot at by police officer
- Rajinikanth issues public notice on infringement of rights, warns legal action
- Govt likely to float global tender for HPV vaccine in April; Merck, Serum Institute may participate
- Finance Ministry to stick to privatisation of already announced CPSEs next fiscal