Meghan Markle and Prince Harry share the first photo of their daughter, Lilibet Diana, on their family holiday card
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have shared a photo of their daughter, Lilibet Diana.
- On Thursday, the couple shared a family holiday card with Lilibet, 6 months, and Archie, 2.
On Thursday, the couple shared a photo of their family of four. In the photo, Harry has Archie, 2, in his lap, while Markle holds the 6-month-old Lilibet Diana.
According to a press release from the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's representatives, the photo was taken at the couple's Santa Barbara, California, home over the summer by Alexi Lubomirski, the same photographer Harry and Markle used for their royal wedding.
"Happy Holidays. This year, 2021, we welcomed our daughter, Lilibet, to the world. Archie made us a 'Mama' and a 'Papa,' and Lili made us a family," the holiday card reads.
Lilibet Diana Mountbatten-Windsor was born on June 4. At the time, Harry and Markle said in a statement that their daughter's first name was a tribute to the nickname of her great-grandmother Queen Elizabeth II and her middle name was a tribute to her late grandmother Princess Diana.
"As we look forward to 2022, we have made donations on your behalf to several organizations that honor and protect families — from those being relocated from Afghanistan, to American families in need of paid parental leave," the holiday-card message adds before including a list of the organizations.
The card then says: "Wishing you a happy holiday season and a prosperous New Year, from our family to yours! As ever, Harry, Meghan, Archie & Lili."
The holiday card was first shared by Team Rubicon, an organization that provides relief to those affected by disasters and humanitarian crises, according to its website. According to their press release, Harry and Markle met with Team Rubicon staff during their November visit to the Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst in New Jersey.
—Team Rubicon (@TeamRubicon) December 23, 2021
Releasing a holiday card has become a yearly tradition for Harry and Markle
Last year, the couple shared an illustration of a photo taken by Markle's mom, Doria Ragland. It showed the couple with Archie and their two dogs, Pula and Guy.
—Mayhew (@themayhew) December 23, 2020
In 2019, Markle and Harry shared their first holiday card that featured Archie: a picture of the three of them on Vancouver Island, Canada.
—The Queen's Commonwealth Trust (@queenscomtrust) December 23, 2019
And in 2018, the couple shared their first holiday card, a picture taken during their wedding reception at Frogmore House.
- Grit, tears, joy: Novak Djokovic claims his 10th Australian Open crown, moves closer to ending the GOAT debate
- Manu Kumar Jain departs from Xiaomi, nearly a decade after working for the Chinese smartphone maker
- L&T reports ₹2,553 crore Q3 net profit, sees boost from major private capex investments
- Tech Mahindra’s Q3 net profit slips 5.2% on year to ₹1,297 crore
- Rumors suggest OnePlus is testing V Fold and V Flip foldable smartphones