Naomi Biden says she and first lady Jill Biden planned her wedding on trips to SoulCycle classes and over evening glasses of wine
- Naomi Biden and Jill Biden planned Naomi's wedding over glasses of wine and SoulCycle classes.
- "She's been super involved," Naomi Biden said of her grandmother, who she calls Nana.
Naomi Biden says that she and her grandmother, first lady Jill Biden, planned much of her November 19 wedding together over SoulCycle classes and evening glasses of wine.
Naomi Biden, who got married at the White House on November 19, told Vogue that they spent a lot of time wedding planning together after she and her now-husband, Peter Neal, moved into the White House after their Washington, DC, lease ended.
"Now we do wedding planning together, and she's been super involved," Naomi Biden said of Jill Biden, who she calls Nana.
According to Vogue, the pair discussed details at SoulCycle and barre classes in Georgetown and over nighttime glasses of wine.
"Naomi has a strong sense of herself and had a vision for her wedding," Jill Biden told Vogue ahead of Naomi Biden's wedding. "It was fun to see her finding so much joy in all the details."
But the pair did not always agree on said details.
Naomi Biden told Vogue that the first lady "lost sleep" over the fact that her granddaughter wanted to serve turkey sandwiches at her wedding lunch.
To Jill Biden's delight, that idea was eventually ditched in place of chicken pot pie — Hunter Biden's favorite.
Naomi Biden even nodded to her grandmother on her wedding day, including lace from Jill Biden's wedding dress in the bodice of her own gown.
She told Vogue her Nana helped her to keep a clear head during wedding planning.
"She has really stressed to me that every time I get anxious about wedding stuff to take a breath and remember that it's just a day about Peter and me and being around the people we love," Naomi Biden said. "She's taught me so much about being independent and self-sufficient. But that doesn't mean you can't also be a selfless and fiercely loyal partner."
- Ready to introduce same-day settlement of trades by March 2024: Sebi chief
- Grok AI chatbot to reach all English-language users in about a week: Musk
- What are the two climate declarations India has been hesitant to sign at COP28?
- This 400-million-year-old fossil is the oldest disease-causing fungus we've ever seen!
- 10 Best places to visit in India for New Year 2024