Prince Philip has left the hospital 4 weeks after being admitted as a 'precautionary measure'
Prince Philiphas left the hospital four weeks after being admitted for treatment on February 16.
- The 99-year-old was being treated for an infection and a pre-existing heart condition.
The Duke of Edinburgh has left the hospital four weeks after he was first admitted under guidance from his doctor.
The 99-year-old husband of
"The Duke of Edinburgh has today been discharged from King Edward VII's Hospital and has returned to Windsor Castle, following treatment for an infection and a successful procedure for a pre-existing condition," Buckingham Palace said in a statement obtained by Insider.
"His Royal Highness wishes to thank all the medical staff who looked after him at both King Edward VII's Hospital and St Bartholomew's Hospital, and everyone who has sent their good wishes," the statement added.
Buckingham Palace initially said the duke was expected to remain in the hospital for "a few days of observation and rest."
However, he was later transferred to a specialist cardiovascular hospital on March 1, where he was treated for an infection and observed for a pre-existing heart condition.
He returned to King Edward VII's Hospital for further treatment on March 5.
- Realme GT Neo 2 5G review: Great performance, fine display but camera needs work
- Cryptocurrency investment 101 — here’s how to do your own research (DYOR) and invest in the right digital asset
- Elon Musk’s puppy, a new strategy to burn tokens, and altcoins playing catch up — the perfect storm for cryptocurrency Shiba Inu to skyrocket
- India's farmers protest takes a gruesome turn with a chilling murder at the scene — here’s the sequence of events
- Bizarre! Shubhman Gill was brought back to bat after being declared out
- Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis — amazing data on how the two openers led CSK to IPL 2021 championship
- Budget and safety top criteria for Chennai households during festive season:LocalCircles
- Electric bus makers on a roll as states like Maharashtra and Karnataka send in large orders