Tati Westbrook claimed that YouTube asked her to private her video slamming James Charles because it was a 'bad look'
- On Tuesday,
Tati Westbrookreleased a new video in which she makes a variety of claims about the events of 2019's " Dramageddon2.0."
- Most notably, Westbrook claims that
Shane Dawsonand Jeffree Star"manipulated" her into making "Bye Sister," an explosive video about James Charlesthat threw the beauty world into chaos.
- In her most recent video, she claims that she only set the video to private at YouTube's request, saying that
YouTubetold her that it was a "bad look for their platform."
Beauty YouTuber Tati Westbrook released an explosive new video titled "Breaking My Silence ..." on June 30 in which she claimed that Shane Dawson and Jeffree Star "used, coerced, and manipulated" her into making the James Charles-targeted "Bye Sister" video that kicked off 2019's "Dramageddon 2.0." In the video, she claims that the decision to private the "Bye Sister" video came at the behest of YouTube itself.
"I only privated my video at the request of YouTube because YouTube said it was a bad look for their platform," Westbrook says at the 11:26 mark of the video.In the original "Bye Sister" video, which is no longer available on Westbrook's channel but has been reuploaded elsewhere, she called James Charles a "bad role model" while also accusing him of making advances towards straight men and "manipulating someone's sexuality."Advertisement
In her most recent video, Westbrook publicly apologized to Charles and said "Bye Sister" was not made with any malice. Rather, she says that she made it because of "all of the poisonous lies that were fed to me by Shane Dawson and Jeffree Star."
She says in the video that after "Bye Sister" went up, she was never served a lawsuit or a cease and desist letter. She then claims that YouTube requested for her to private the video because it was a "bad look for the platform."YouTube did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment regarding the claim.
- Read more:
- Tati Westbrook releases new video claiming that Shane Dawson and Jeffree Star 'manipulated' her into starting 2019 beauty guru war
- One year after the beauty YouTuber war burned their community to the ground, new battle lines have been drawn between the growing stars that started it all
- A beauty YouTube feud is erupting after viral makeup artist James Charles made a deal with his friend's competitor. Now, she's accusing him of being a 'bad role model' and 'manipulating someone's sexuality.'
- A complete timeline of how the internet turned against top YouTubers Shane Dawson and Jeffree Star
- 936 new COVID-19 cases in Assam; eight more die
- 156 fresh cases in Jharkhand, COVID-19 tally now 3,518
- 755 new COVID-19 cases take Odisha's tally to 11,956
- Battling depression, AIIMS Delhi junior doctor jumps off 10th floor of hostel, dies
- AIIMS probe finds no mala fide intent in death of COVID-19 positive journalist: Harsh Vardhan