Tesla just quietly updated the Model 3's range, performance, and styling — here's what's new
Teslaquietly updated its top-selling Model 3.
- The Model 3 now boasts more range across all three versions.
- It also gets new black trim on the exterior, refreshed wheel options, and a new center console with wireless-charging capability.
Tesla just updated the Model 3, giving it increased range and performance along with some new features and styling touches.
According to Tesla's online configurator, Model 3 sedans now boast higher range estimates across all three variants. The Standard Range Plus now has an EPA-estimated range of 263 miles — up from 250 miles — while the Long Range version now promises 353 miles, a 31-mile bump.The Performance model, built for speed and acceleration rather than distance, will now go 315 miles on a charge, up from 299 miles. Tesla also shaved one-tenth of a second off of the model's 0-60 mph time, and it now makes the sprint in 3.1 seconds.
Inside, Tesla revamped the center console by changing out the satin elements for matte finishes and integrating wireless-charging pads. The Model 3 also gets a power liftgate, sun visors that magnetically snap into place, and new trim on the door handles, window and seat controls, and sill plates, according to Car & Driver.According to Tesla's website, customers will need to wait between five and nine weeks to take delivery of a refreshed Model 3.
The changes come as Tesla strives to hit an ambitious annual sales goal of 500,000 vehicles.
- EXCLUSIVE: Communities, brand and then product — CEO explains how Stack Overflow flipped the script on software development
- Everybody in India must get Covid vaccine free, says Kejriwal
- Samsung now lets you buy up to four products in one single EMI as it seeks to boost sales this festive season
- Equitas Small Finance Bank IPO allotment: Here’s how to check share allotment status
- K'taka healthcare warriors first to get Covid vaccine: Minister