The 25 travel destinations you need to visit in 2020, according to National Geographic
Alan Novelli/Alamy Stock Photo
- National Geographic has revealed its list of the top 25 must-see travel destinations for 2020.
- The list was divided into four categories: culture, city, nature, and adventure.
- To create the list, the magazine's staff partnered with the editorial teams of National Geographic Traveler's 17 international editions to create a wide-ranging, globe-spanning selection of sites.
- The US earned two entries: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, appeared under the city category, and Arizona's Grand Canyon National Park was recommended for nature lovers.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
National Geographic just released its list of the top 25 must-see travel destinations for 2020. This list features places from all over the world, and it's part of the publication's effort to advocate for more sustainable tourism. Their picks take into account a number of factors, including cultural engagement, diversity, value, affordability, and community benefit.Divided into four categories, the list offers suggestions for travelers with a focus on culture, city life, nature, or adventure. The must-see sites were picked in collaboration with 17 of National Geographic Traveler's editorial teams across the world
Zakouma National Park, Chad
Kamchatka Peninsula, Russia
The Wales Way, United Kingdom
Grossglockner High Alpine Road, Austria
Grand Canyon, Arizona, USA
Canary Islands, Spain
National Blue Trail, Hungary
Bialowieza Forest, Belarus/Poland
Kalahari Desert, southern Africa
Magdalen Islands, Canada
Mostar, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Fort Kochi, India
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Abu Simbel, Egypt
Mendoza Province, Argentina
Maya Biosphere Reserve, Guatemala
Gobekli Tepe, Turkey
Guizhou Province, China
- Here’s why Doge-INR and Doge-USD prices can be slightly different
- The digital exchange: How e-commerce brands have been influencing consumer behavior and scaling-up interactions digitally
- Petrol and diesel prices go up for the sixth time in May, crosses ₹100-mark in Maharashtra, MP and Rajasthan
- Bharat Biotech begins COVAXIN supply to 14 states based on central government's guidance
- This is the time for brands to play their part as responsible corporate citizens: Dheeraj Sinha, Leo Burnett