TikTok royalty Addison Rae Easterling talks about the Kardashians, pre-celebrity life, and her new podcast
- Addison Rae Easterling, 19, is TikTok's second most-followed creator (and undeniably, one of social media's biggest stars at the moment).
- This month, Easterling released the first two episodes of her Spotify-exclusive podcast, Mama Knows Best. Her co-host is none other than her mother, Sheri Nicole Easterling, who has cultivated a growing fandom of her own online.
- Easterling spoke to Insider via email about the project, what she misses about life before her move to Los Angeles in December 2019, bullying, and, of course, her blossoming friendship with the Kardashian family.
Addison Rae Easterling is a TikTok sensation. She's the platform's second-most-followed creator, not to mention the owner of what David Dobrik once called "the most famous pouty face in the world." She shares a makeup artist with the Hadid sisters. She's the face of American Eagle's 2020 back-to-school denim campaign, plus a punchy new beauty brand called Item. And lately, she's been spotted, on multiple occasions, casually hanging out with the likes of Kendall Jenner and Kourtney Kardashian. If there's anyone you can expect to break the glass ceiling of social media stardom and successfully transition to traditional celebrity, it's Easterling. In many ways, she already has.
Below, read our full Q & A with the Louisiana-born dancer about Mama Knows Best, the Spotify-exclusive podcast Easterling is currently co-hosting with her equally iconic mother, Sheri Nicole. Episode 1 debuted last Monday and explored the Easterlings' lives before Los Angeles. In this week's episode, the pair compare their experiences with dating and their thoughts on looking for love in the digital age.
H: Your mom, Sheri, totally stole the show in episode 1. Was it always the plan to include your mom in this project? Why do you love to collaborate with her?
A post shared by ADDISON RAE (@addisonraee) on Jul 20, 2020 at 9:00am PDT
H: Episode 1 focuses mostly on your pre-Los Angeles life. You and Sheri both talked about the ups and downs of those years. But I'm curious if there's anything you miss about that period of your life, before you started blowing up on TikTok?A: Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I think it's more of an appreciation for my life before than a missing feeling. Everything that I experienced in life before today made me who I am. I'm forever grateful for everything that's happened in my life even when it was hard.
H: I didn't realize until hearing this podcast that you've dealt with bullying at multiple points in your life. Do you think those experiences have informed the way you approach your life and career, and what it means to be an "influencer?"A: In life, there will always be people who don't like you or the things you do and that's okay. No one is perfect and you shouldn't ever feel like you have to be. I think people who hurt people are experiencing or have experienced being hurt. I just want people to know that it's okay to not be okay and that you are always good enough.H: Tell me about your favorite episode of Mama Knows Best, and why it feels particularly special to you.
A: The first episode. It's a walkthrough of my life and I love sharing my journey with people.
H: Were there any stories your editors cut from episode 1 that you wouldn't mind sharing with our readers? Any future podcast special guests you can give us hints about?A: We try to keep it as organic as possible, so what's in it, is all from our hearts and authentic. As for guests, you'll just have to listen and see!
H: It was very exciting (for me personally) to see you hanging out with Kourtney Kardashian and her family on Instagram recently. You're a rising star, and the Kar-Jenners are the blueprint for social media stardom. Plus, they've done it all together as a family. I'm curious how you and Kourtney became friends, and whether she's passed on any wisdom about how to handle this crazy moment in your career?
A: I've learned so much from everyone that I've talked to in this industry. Everyone has different experiences but all teach one thing; do what makes you happy and be unapologetically yourself.H: Has Sheri met Kris yet?
H: Can you recommend any other podcasts you listen to and like?A: I love any podcasts with affirmations. Also, podcasts with funny stories. One of my favorites is The Happiness Lab.
- Connaught Place to remain shut as farmers' tractor parade turns violent
- After violent clashes with police, farmers swarm Red Fort
- DMRC closed entry and exit gates of yellow, green, violet and blue lines in surge of farmers protest
- Delhi Police fires tear-gas shells on farmers near Akshardham temple and Sanjay Gandhi Transport Nagar
- Protesting farmers break barricades at Delhi borders, entering the national capital ahead of time