These are 23 places where you can still use your old Rs 500 note
The Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led government extended the use of old currency notes till December 15. The Cabinet took a decision to extend the relief deadline from November 24 to December 15. However, you can only use old Rs 500 notes at public utilities and other services and Rs 1000 cannot be used anywhere.
It was also decided that old notes will be only exchanged at
AdvertisementThese are 23 places where you can still use it:
Payments towards pre paid mobile top-up to a limit of Rs. 500 per top-up.
Payment of fees in Central or State Government colleges.
Foreign citizens will be permitted to exchange foreign currency up to Rs. 5000 per week. Necessary entry to this effect will be made in their passports.
Payment of current and arrear dues to utilities will be limited to only water and electricity. This facility will continue to be available only for individuals and households.
AdvertisementIt has been decided that toll payment at toll plazas to be made through old Rs. 500 notes from Dec 3-15, 2016.
Payment of School fees up to Rs. 2000 per student in Central Government, State Government, Municipality and local body schools.
Airline tickets at airports
AdvertisementMetro rail tickets
Medicine prescribed by a doctor
LPG gas cylinders
Power and water bills
Entry tickets of ASI monument
AdvertisementConsumer cooperative stores
Taxes and penalties to government bodies Court fees
Seeds at state-owned outlets
- How to bake a meteorite — scientists are heating up space rocks to recreate the birth of planets
- OYO’s ‘Hockey’ print campaign is winning the internet; there’s a lot more in store, says its head of global brand Mayur Hola
- 77 cases of Indian COVID-19 variant found in the UK
- Karnataka CM Yediyurappa and MP from Punjab Harshmit Kaur Badal test COVID-19 positive
- Pakistan temporarily shuts down social media amid anti-France protests