These are the safest cars for 2019
- The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) released on Wednesday its picks for the safest cars from model year 2019.
- Thirty vehicles received the organization's highest designation, "top safety pick+."
- Subaru had more vehicles receive a "top safety pick+" rating than any other brand.
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) released on Wednesday its picks for the safest cars from model year 2019. The organization gave 57 vehicles its "top safety pick" designation. Of those vehicles, 30 were included in the organization's highest tier, "top safety pick+."
To earn "top safety pick+," a vehicle must perform well in a variety of crash tests. The vehicle must receive a "good" rating in tests related to its front, side, roof, and head restraints, an "advanced" or "superior" rating for front crash prevention and a "good" rating for its headlights.
These are the 30 safest vehicles for model year 2019, according to the IIHS.
Kia Niro plug-in hybrid
Subaru Impreza wagon
Lexus ES 350
BMW 5 Series
Hyundai Santa Fe
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon told wealthy clients there's a chance the US is heading into 'something worse' than a recession, report says
- Why Google employees fear the worst as the company quietly extends its hiring freeze
- Your milk will now get dearer as Mother Dairy and Amul raise prices by ₹2 per litre
- Fin services will beat tech with the best salary hikes in 2023, says report
- Earth got its water and organic matter from asteroids, finds Japan's space probe
- DigiYatra app will use facial recognition to make airport check-ins faster - here’s how to use it
- Inflation unlikely to fall below 6% before Feb 2023: Kotak report