These four women want to help plan your dream funeral
- Professional stylists and former wedding planners, the women of Going Out In Style, have now turned to the funeral business.
- Their services cover all aspects of the event, and they encourage clients to think outside of the box.
- They work both with consulting clients who are looking to pre-plan their funerals, and the families of the deceased.
The four women of Going Out In Style want you to think differently about death.
That is, what happens after your death - including what you'd like your funeral service to look like, smell like, taste like, and feel like for the guests.
Of course, you won't be there to enjoy it, but GOIS wants to style, organize, and throw you the ultimate after-party anyway. The women consult with clients prior to death, as well as family or friends of the deceased.
Their last client - who held a memorial service at New York City's renowned power-lunch spot, The Grill - was celebrated and remembered with napkins depicting custom illustrations of his two dogs, his favorite sayings printed on coasters, and a cart serving whiskey - his preferred drink. They approached the client's family with a simple request: "Tell us a story about him." From there, they begin their planning.
They stand firmly behind the idea that their funeral-styling services help those you've left behind. "In the time of need, wouldn't it be nice if you knew exactly what that person wanted instead of trying to guess?" co-founder Cassidy Iwersen told Business Insider.
With an attention to detail similar to wedding planning, Naomi DeManana, Colleen Banks, Erin Furey, and Iwersen plan every aspect of the event - and no request is too absurd.
We followed the ladies of Going Out In Style for a day to get an idea of how they operate - and what they can offer clients.
- This pioneering regional OTT has turned profitable in 5 years – here’s how
- Nykaa enters into a JV with Dubai-based fashion retailer Apparel Group
- Axis MF launches a Nasdaq 100 focused Fund of Fund
- RBI directs credit information companies to appoint internal ombudsman
- 5G could be India’s next growth engine, and a successful rollout hinges on telcos, govt policies
- Ambani family has been target of threats over the years
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World