This $120 million townhouse just became New York City's most expensive listing
The Upper East Side is in the news for something other than wife bonuses this week.
The neighborhood is home to New York City's new most expensive listing: three identical limestone townhouses on East 62nd Street between Fifth and Madison, available for the package price of $120 million.
Since all three units share a cornice line, they've been combined to create the ultimate UES mansion.
But, as the listing notes, the 30,000-square-foot property could easily be transformed into an embassy, club, or retail space.
Inside you'll find a whopping 23 fireplaces - some with original mantels - grand staircases, hand-carved wood paneling, an elevator, and, in two of the homes, skylights on the fifth floor.
Combined, there are 11 terraces, two of which are double-tiered and located on the rooftop.
Breen & Nason Architects built the townhouses in 1879, but they were restored just recently, in 2001, by Joseph Pell Lombardi Architects.
Saltiel told The Wall Street Journal that the triplets all belong to the same entity, but she kept mum on the name of the owner.
The current resident also owns the $35 million brownstone that's for sale next door. While it can't be combined with the triplets, the 9,520-square-foot space would serve as a perfect guesthouse.
- 'Quiet quitting' is a bad idea, experts say. Here are 6 things you can do instead to get the same results if you're looking for better work-life balance – or to lighten your workload
- This pioneering regional OTT has turned profitable in 5 years – here’s how
- A man's cancer vanished after he was injected with a weakened herpes virus in a promising clinical trial
- Ambani family has been target of threats over the years
- Sensex gains 156 points led by metal, IT and capital goods amid foreign capital inflows
- Gigabyte launches mid-range gaming laptops in India
- PepsiCo’s Quaker Oats cuts down sugar content by 30% to make breakfast cereals more healthy
- World Bank downgrades India's economic growth forecast to 6.5% for FY23
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World