This actress was considered 'too old' to play Leo DiCaprio's wife in 'Wolf of Wall Street' when in her 20s
While dropping by "The Howard Stern Show" to promote HBO's "Vinyl," she revealed that she was considered too old to play Leonardo DiCaprio's wife in 2013's "The Wolf of Wall Street."
Stern had asked her if she'd been denied a role because she was too beautiful.
"No, I don't think so," she said. "The funniest thing I heard recently was I had heard for a part that I was too sophisticated. And I was like, 'Oh, that sounds nice. I like that feedback. I didn't get the part, but I'm a very sophisticated person.' And then I found out later that they actually said 'old.'"
She added: "I want to make a translation sheet for Hollywood that's all the feedback your agents give you and then what it really means."
The 32-year-old later revealed that it was for the role of DiCaprio's wife in "The Wolf of Wall Street" that ultimately went to Margot Robbie. Wilde would've been in her 20s during casting for the DiCaprio movie, and Robbie is currently 25.
That audition, however, helped her land her role on "Vinyl." Martin Scorsese, who directed "Wolf of Wall Street," serves as an executive producer on the show and also directed the first episode. Wilde said that she didn't even have to audition for "Vinyl."
"It shows that if you don't get something - job interview, whatever you do for a living - it might lead to something else," she said.
Listen to the clip below:
- Retail auto sales grow 11% in September, but still below pre-Covid levels, says FADA
- Slow recovery of low income households slowed down India's economic recovery: Kotak report
- Best cars under ₹20 lakh to buy this festive season
- India saw 20.5 billion online transactions worth ₹36 trillion in Q2: report
- Nobel prize winner Svante Paabo's DNA discoveries offer clues as to what makes us human
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World