This chart shows why Amazon's cloud will be hard for Microsoft, Google, and everyone else to beat
During the talk, Vogels showed one slide that pretty well summed up why Amazon is the 800-pound gorilla in the burgeoning cloud computing market, despite competition from Microsoft, Google, IBM, Oracle, and many others.Amazon is more than 10 times bigger than the next largest 14 competitors combined, as measured by compute capacity, according to a recent Gartner report. (Up from about 5-times in 2014).
With new features and services in 2015 on track to exceed the 515 introduced in 2014, the pace of AWS innovation is very likely unmatched by any of its competitors.Vogels threw a little sand in the face of his competitors with this chart, too saying that, when comparing all the features and options you have with Amazons cloud, "Where AWS was in 2008/2009, that's where most of the providers are, at this moment, still."Disclosure: Jeff Bezos is an investor in Business Insider through hispersonal investment company Bezos Expeditions.
- Around 96% people saw drop in their earnings during COVID-19 induced lockdown
- Owning an electric two-wheeler is slightly cheaper than petrol and diesel at a time when fuel prices are at a record high
- TTD approves Rs 2,938-crore budget for 2021-22
- Wholesale growth expected to continue for tractors, passenger vehicles and two-wheelers, says equity research firm Emkay
- Centre finalises One District One Focus Product to promote in cluster approach