This is how much Raghuram Rajan earns as the RBI Governor
Raghuram Rajan, the governor of the Reserve Bank of India holds an esteemed position and it’s a given that he is bound to enjoy a whole lot of perks.
For starters, the greatest perk enjoyed by him is the fact that he gets to have signature across all currency notes in the country. Yeah, pretty cool, right?
There’s more. As the RBI Governor, he is also entitled to use a colonial bungalow on Carmicheal Road, a posh street that weaves along a ridge across South Mumbai- living opposite India’s richest industrialists.
But, arguably the greatest disadavnatge of the position of a
As the governor of the RBI,
This basically means, he is ranked at par with the highest civil servant in the country, though logically, his office in reality can be considered as the true Deputy Finance Minister of the Country.
As of June 30, 2015, Rajan drew a salary of Rs 1.98 lakh per month. That’s not much considering there are IIM graduates earning way more than that.
The salary mentioned above is due for revision as well, as has been stated by the RBI.
Popular on BI
- Realme GT Neo 2 5G review: Great performance, fine display but camera needs work
- Cryptocurrency investment 101 — here’s how to do your own research (DYOR) and invest in the right digital asset
- Elon Musk’s puppy, a new strategy to burn tokens, and altcoins playing catch up — the perfect storm for cryptocurrency Shiba Inu to skyrocket
- India's farmers protest takes a gruesome turn with a chilling murder at the scene — here’s the sequence of events
- Bizarre! Shubhman Gill was brought back to bat after being declared out
- Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis — amazing data on how the two openers led CSK to IPL 2021 championship
- Budget and safety top criteria for Chennai households during festive season:LocalCircles
- Electric bus makers on a roll as states like Maharashtra and Karnataka send in large orders
- India T20 World cup Jersey
- Photo Editors Apps
- Advantage Club Hiring
- Best Indian Companies
- Dussehra Messages
- Punit Goenka
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- Oneplus 9rt smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- Nykaa IPO
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons