This is the woman that convinced Marc Benioff to guarantee equal pay for women at Salesforce
Two of his top ranking women executives asked him to do it.
He publicly thanked one of them in particular by name, Leyla Seka, senior vice president and GM of the Desk.com business unit, saying in a tweet that she "inspired" him.
"I was actually one of the first people in the '[Women] Surge' when Marc started that program focusing on finding high-potential women in the organization," she said.Monika Fahlbusch, moved to BMC Software about five months ago).
The "Woman Surge" program came about after Benioff read Sheryl Sandberg's book "Lean In," he has said. It involves mandates to make sure that women are being considered for open positions and never subtly pushed out once hired, such as mandating that all meetings include at least 30% women.
Seka and Robbins were talking about how to take "the 'Surge' idea to the next level and decided to work on the pay-gap issue.
Women make, on average, 78 percent of men's earnings, according to the U.S. Department of Labor. In 2014, women with advanced degrees earned only 73 percent of men's earnings with the same education.
Business Insider/Julie Bort
Benioff told Emily Peck at the Huffington Post that he's already given some women raises and expects to give out more.
Don't be surprised if one day this turns into either another Salesforce human resources product, or another Salesforce charity program, or both.
The team is using its own new analytics tool, Wave, to examine the salary data and to discover what the influencers on pay are, she told us. This may eventually become a model that could be useful to others.
- Beijing says it's 'natural' for the US to 'feel sour' after Boeing loses out to Airbus on $37 billion China plane deal
- Ukraine's drones are becoming increasingly ineffective as Russia ramps up its electronic warfare and air defenses
- Coinbase-backed Indian crypto exchange Vauld suspends trading, deposits and withdrawals amid market downturn
- 30 large reservoirs in India dip to a decadal low after erratic rains in June
- Best face wash for men in India
- Bajaj in top gear, Hero flat while Maruti declines – here’s how Indian auto cos performed in June 2022
- Revenge shopping and revenge travelling trends are simmering down in India
- Bengaluru, Delhi, Hyderabad, and Mumbai among top-20 cities in Asia-Pacific for sustainable commercial real estate