This luxury resort on Maine's largest island costs up to $2,000 per night and is a gateway to one of the country's most stunning national parks
Courtesy of West Street Hotel
- A waterfront luxury hotel in Maine almost looks like it belongs on a Caribbean island, but it offers a quintessential New England experience.
- At the West Street Hotel in Bar Harbor, guests can eat authentic Maine dishes such as lobster and clam chowder and take in panoramic views of the harbor from the adults-only rooftop pool.
- The hotel serves as a base from which to explore nearby Acadia National Park.
- It will cost you between $249 and $2,000 per night to stay at the resort.
The West Street Hotel, which sits on Maine's largest island and has stunning views of the harbor, offers a distinctly New England experience.Advertisement
The rooms are decorated in a charmingly nautical style and the restaurant serves Maine lobster, seafood chowder, mussels, and fish and chips.
The upscale resort, which can cost up to $2,000 per night, is also an ideal base from which to explore Acadia National Park.Here's a look at the hotel and the variety of activities guests can enjoy while staying there.
The resort is in Bar Harbor on the coast of Maine, a little over 100 miles from Canada.
It's in the town of Bar Harbor on Mount Desert Island and serves as "a gateway to Acadia National Park."Advertisement
The island, which is the largest off the coast of Maine, is a popular summer vacation destination.
The multicolored West Street Hotel sits along Bar Harbor's downtown waterfront.Advertisement
Guests are greeted with a cozy fireplace in the lobby.
The rooms, which are decorated in a nautical style, start at $249 a night in the off-season and can cost up to $2,000 a night for a suite in the peak season, a representative for the hotel told Business Insider.Advertisement
The bathrooms are decorated in a modern, minimal style...
...and come with deep soaking tubs.Advertisement
Each room comes with a private balcony, and some rooms offer panoramic views of the harbor.
The suites have comfortably decorated living areas.Advertisement
Guests can also choose to book two connecting rooms, one with two queen-sized beds and the other with a king-sized bed plus sleeper sofa.
On each floor is a complimentary coffee bar stocked with cookies, fresh fruit, ice, and cold bottled water.Advertisement
The hotel restaurant, Paddy's Irish Pub & Restaurant, serves Irish-American cuisine and is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
It serves an array of dishes including seafood chowder, Irish stew, whiskey- and maple-glazed Scottish salmon.Advertisement
The restaurant opens up to a view of the harbor.
It also has a full bar.Advertisement
Directly in front of the hotel, Stewman's Lobster Pound serves lobster, steamers, mussels, clam chowder, corn on the cob, and fresh blueberry pie in a relaxed atmosphere.
The best views from the hotel, however, can be seen from its rooftop pool.Advertisement
It offers a spectacular viewpoint of the boat-filled harbor.
According to the hotel, it's Maine's only rooftop pool, an "adults-only oasis with panoramic views of Frenchman's Bay."Advertisement
Near the hotel, guests can board boats that will take them out for whale-watching, lobster fishing, and romantic sunset cruises.
The hotel offers a complimentary shuttle that takes guests into nearby Acadia National Park.Advertisement
Acadia is known for its picturesque hiking and biking trails, not to mention outdoor activities including bird watching, horseback riding, fishing and boating.
- Mumbai: Two pose as 'COVID officers', dupe man of Rs 54,000
- Electrification work at world's 'largest' COVID care centre completed in record time: Discom
- Edelweiss Group books Rs 2,245 cr net loss on upfront COVID provisioning
- Highest single-day spike of 1,153 COVID-19 cases in UP; 12 more die in state
- Over 3,000 beds reserved in Bengaluru hospitals to treat coronavirus patients