Top 7 tips to increase your home loan eligibility
After liberalization of the Indian economy, home loans have become the norm to own a house. With demand rising for home loans, being eligible to buy your dream home is a big question which many people don’t have an answer to.
Being eligible to get a
1) Clear your existing loans: Look out for those nagging
2) Variable pay: Make sure you keep a record of how much variable pay or perks you earn as part of your job. This record will help your potential lenders to consider while calculating your eligibility.
3) Rental income: Do you have a house in your hometown that is sitting idle? Lease it out. The rental that you earn from this house can be additional source of income, which can enhance your loan value.
4) Increase tenure: When you increase your home loan tenure, your eligibility can be increased. But please note that the banks do not increase it beyond 25 years.
5) Spouse earnings: If your spouse is also earning, then it is a good idea to do joint application for a home a loan. This increases the home loan eligibility dramatically. This also means that the liability of repaying the home loan is left to both.
6) Take your time: Before you apply for a home loan, pull out your CIBIL score. Look for errors, if you find any, raise a dispute and have a clean
Do not apply for a home loan with 10 different lenders to get a loan quickly. Shop around; enquire what kind of miscellaneous benefits the lenders are offering to their customers.
If you have a good CIBIL score, many lenders will be more than happy to offer you a home loan at competitive rates. Talk to an existing customer of the bank before you finalize on your lender. Settle with a lender who is giving you competent interest rates, easy repayment schedule and good services.
7) Consider step up loans: Step up loans are a good way to enhance eligibility for those in professions where one would struggle initially, but the possibility of higher rewards are bright as they establish themselves like a doctor or a chartered accountant. Under this scheme, banks offer loan at lower EMIs in the initial years and gradually increase the EMI as you start repaying the loan.
A dream home can be closer to reality if you live a financially disciplined life. All that it takes, is to make smart moves at the right time in your life and career.
Popular on BI
- Ethereum may offer the best returns, but investors have been pulling away over the last two weeks
- Google starts starts testing new safety section for apps, feature to go live in February 2022
- Horlicks and Boost maker HUL sees slowdown in food segment in the last three months
- Researchers develop AI-based algorithm that can detect unseen signs of heart failure
- Zoho adds features that can turn a video call into remote assistance for repairing cars, appliances and more
- India T20 World cup Jersey
- Photo Editors Apps
- Google Pixel 6 series
- CBSE examdate sheet
- Tata Punch Price
- Punit Goenka
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- Oneplus 9rt smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- vodafone Idea News
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons