Trump calls Maxine Waters 'an extraordinarily low IQ person' in response to Waters' call to publicly harass Trump officials
Associated Press/Evan Vucci
- President Donald Trump took to Twitter on Monday to respond to Democratic Rep. Maxine Waters' call to harass Trump administration officials in public.
- He called the California representative "an extraordinarily low IQ person."
President Donald Trump took to Twitter on Monday afternoon to respond to Democratic Rep. Maxine Waters' call to harass Trump administration officials in public, calling the California representative "an extraordinarily low IQ person.""Congresswoman Maxine Waters, an extraordinarily low IQ person, has become, together with Nancy Pelosi, the Face of the Democrat Party," Trump tweeted. "She has just called for harm to supporters, of which there are many, of the Make America Great Again movement. Be careful what you wish for Max!"Advertisement
"You have members of your Cabinet that have been booed out of restaurants, who have protesters taking up at their house who say, 'No peace, no sleep,'" Waters said at a rally on Sunday, adding, "God is on our side."She later said: "If you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd and you push back on them, and you tell them they're not welcome anymore, anywhere."
The debate over treatment towards members of the Trump administration in public ignited over the weekend after White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders was kicked out of a Lexington, Virginia, restaurant after one of the establishment's owners told her she was part of an "inhumane and unethical" organization.
- Assam breaches 500-mark in COVID-19 cases, 156 new infections
- Assam breaches 500-mark in COVID-19 cases, 147 new infections
- Rajasthan eases lockdown norms, allows taxis, auto rickshaws to operate in red zones
- Bihar reports 163 fresh COVID cases, tally climbs to 2,737
- UP records 8 more COVID-related deaths; 229 fresh cases take tally to 6,497