Trump: 'Evil Thug' who bombed NYC will 'probably have room service' while in custody
"Today, we have caught this evil thug who planted the bombs," Trump said. "Thank you law enforcement. Thank you police. Right. But the bad part - we will probably give him amazing hospitalization. He will be taken care of by some of the best doctors in the world. He will be given a fully modern and updated hospital room."Trump continued: "And he'll probably even have room service, the way our country is. And on top of all of that, he will be represented by an outstanding lawyer. His case will go through the various court systems for years and in the end, people will forget and his punishment will not be what it once would have been."
Trump said that while we need fair trials, we also need "just and very harsh punishment" for terrorists."We must also use whatever lawful methods are available to obtain information from the apprehended suspect to get information before it's no longer timely," Trump said.
The New York billionaire has in the past advocated for using enhanced interrogation techniques such as waterboarding.Trump, the Republican presidential nominee, also railed against Hillary Clinton, his Democratic rival in his speech."Hillary Clinton is a weak and ineffective person and I will tell you if you choose Donald Trump, these problems are going to go away far, far greater than anybody would think," Trump said. "Believe me."
He said that America's enemies want her to be president.
"They want her so badly to be your president, you have no idea," Trump said. "It will be a field day."
- Google's Arts & Culture experiment uses jellyfish, bumblebees, flying cigarette butts and more to teach us about climate change
- IPL influences consumer actions in a big way: Havas' HI-CRICKET survey
- Best smartphones with 256GB of internal storage
- MediaTek Dimensity 1200 5G-ready chipset launched in India – here’s everything you need to know
- Congress leader Rahul Gandhi tests positive for COVID-19