Trump's Twitter account was deactivated for 11 minutes because of a disgruntled employee - here are the best reactions
For 11 minutes on Thursday night, the world experienced a first: US President Donald Trump was not on Twitter.
Trump's account was temporarily kicked offline by a Twitter employee. At first, Twitter said it was an "inadvertent" human error. The company followed up a couple of hours later, however, and said the incident was caused by a "customer support employee who did this on the employee's last day of work," suggesting it might not have been an accident.Trump critics quickly cheered the nameless Twitter support staffer as a hero; others laughed at the incident as one more humorous episode in a year in which politics-as-usual has become the theater of the absurd.Advertisement
- India at forefront of vaccine development: Modi
- How music has become the real social connector, and technology has helped democratize music in today’s digitally connected world
- EXCLUSIVE: Trump versus Biden — Here’s what the result of the US election could mean for India
- EXCLUSIVE: Why Tata Motors CEO is not worried about Musk's Tesla coming to India
- Chinese soldier strays across the border — detained by India , to be released soon