Ukraine is putting troops along the Crimean border on combat alert
Poroshenko's statement on Thursday comes after Russia accused Ukraine of plotting terrorist attacks in Crimea, the Black Sea peninsula that Russia annexed in March 2014 following a hastily called referendum.
The Russian intelligence agency FSB says its officer and an army soldier were killed over the weekend in two separate incidents while fending off what Moscow described as a series of attacks by Ukrainian "saboteurs."
Fighting in eastern Ukraine between government troops and Russian-backed separatists has claimed more than 9,500 lives since it began in 2014.
ut there have not been any reports of disturbances on Ukraine's de-facto border with Crimea.
- 479 leaked photos purporting to show Putin's secret palace, with an ice rink and pole-dancing room, published by Navalny foundation
- SEBI is hiring young graduate professionals for a monthly stipend of ₹60,000, last date is January 25
- One of the largest cryptocurrency swapping platforms just lost $1.3 million as users failed to update approvals
- This Indian couple plans to get married in a Hogwarts-themed metaverse to beat the pandemic's restrictions
- Here are some of Netaji’s inspirational quotes as India remembers its valiant fighter
- Lifecycle of cryptocurrencies – From creation to trade and destruction
- Reliance Industries net profit more than triples in the last eight quarters to $2.8 billion
- Reliance Retail earns $1.3 billion more than its best-ever quarter