US-backed forces have retaken half of Raqqa from ISIS - Here's what the fighting on the ground looks like
Hussein Malla/Associated Press
US-backed forces in Syria announced Thursday that they have captured nearly half of ISIS' de facto capital of Raqqa, Associated Press reported.The Syrian Democratic Forces - largely made up of Kurdish, Sunni and Christian fighters - began their assault on Raqqa on June 6, and have since taken about 45% of the city, according to Army Col. Ryan Dillon, a spokesman for Operation Inherent Resolve.
Here's what the fighting on the ground looks like.
- Xiaomi patents new foldable smartphone
- Top 10 richest people in Canada according to Forbes as of March 7, 2021
- Global market for desktops, notebooks and tablets to grow 8% in 2021, says new report
- Porsche unveils its first pair of electric bikes priced at $8,549
- Facebook removes 915 malicious accounts and 606 fake accounts from Instagram in February