We just saw a new term for white men in tech: 'non-diverse'
Justin Sullivan/Getty Images
Its board of directors includes former Secretary of State Colin Powell, Gilead Sciences CFO Robin Washington as well as YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki and former vice president of the European Commission, Neelie Kroes.That means that of the 12 people on its board, four of them (one third) are not white males.
Still we couldn't help but chuckle at the company's latest SEC filing, in which it describes the backgrounds of its board.Take a look at the chart, at the part where it describes the diversity of its board. 33% of them are "diverse" and 67% of them are "non diverse."
We have now gotten to the point in the diversity discussion where everyone is being labeled in relation to it. The new chic term for white men: non-diverse.
- LG Wing swivel phone and Velvet dual screen phone launched in India
- Hong Kong bars Air India flights for fourth time as passengers test positive for COVID-19
- Goa government allows casinos to reopen from November 1
- Rajesh Nambiar appointed as Cognizant's new India MD & Chairman
- Twitter's explanation on showing Ladakh as part of China deemed inadequate by India