What it's like to fly on Tigerair, the cheapest airline in the world
- Tigerair Australia was recently named the cheapest airline in the world in Rome2rio's 2018 Global Flight Price Ranking.
- The report estimated that the domestic carrier's flights cost $0.06 per km (US dollars) on average.
- We took at what it's like to fly on Tigerair.
Low-cost carrier Tigerair Australia was recently named the cheapest airline in the world in Rome2rio's 2018 Global Flight Price Ranking.
The report analysed economy fares on international and domestic airlines displayed on the search engine over a two-month period to paint a picture of global pricing (in US$ per km). It produced a ranking of the 50 cheapest carriers overall, as well lists of the cheapest domestic and international carriers.
With flights costing $0.06 per km (US dollars) on average, Tigerair Australia was crowned the cheapest airline in the world overall.
The internal airline was once voted Australia's "worst airline," according to Rome2rio, who says the airline has "turned its fortunes around" since it was bought by Virgin Australia Group in 2014.
The airline told us they've just introduced a new "Tigerbites" food-market inspired menu that features veggie and gluten-free snacks, as well as bitesize chicken and chips, hot mac and cheese bake, and espresso martinis.
Scroll down to see what it's like to fly on Tigerair Australia.
Tigerair Australia was recently named the cheapest airline in the world in a report by travel search company Rome2rio, with flights costing on average $0.06 per km (US).
Tigerair said it recently installed slimline leather seats on its fleet which have adjustable headrests, additional storage pockets, and built-in tablet/phone holders.
So if you're ever in the country and looking for a cheap internal flight, you may want to give the carrier a go.
- Half of the listed companies in India are unsure about carbon emissions commitment: WTW report
- Nobody should go to sleep empty stomach, govt's duty to ensure foodgrains reach the last man, says India's apex court
- Rupee has fared relatively well in 2022 versus other emerging market peers: World Bank
- There is a universal pattern to swearing, across languages
- Are you effectively assessing the impact of marketplace management services?
- Jio Haptik
- Reliance Jio
- Digital Nomad Visa
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Most Valuable Companies
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Kama Holdings
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World