Who has the best chance to win at the 2019 Oscars on Sunday night, which could hold the most surprises in years
The Oscars have gone through a public-relations nightmare over the last month thanks to all the attempted tweaks to shorten the running time - from not featuring all the best original songs, to limiting the number of awards given out live (both of which were scrapped after public outcry). But if you're a fan of the Academy Awards, this is the year you've been waiting for, as many of the top categories are up for grabs going into Sunday night.
In recent years, many of the top awards - like best picture and the best actor categories - felt decided before the evening even came along. But this year is a little different, since through award season there haven't been many true frontrunners. Even the movie that was thought to be a lock for best picture in the early days of award season, "A Star Is Born," is now a long shot in many categories.
So prepare yourself for some much-awaited surprises this Oscar night (airing on ABC on Sunday).
Here's who we think will win at the Oscars, and also who should win:
Best original score
Best original song
Best visual effects
Best animated feature
Best adapted screenplay
Best original screenplay
Best supporting actress
Best supporting actor
- Jewellery brands deck up in hope of bumper festive sales ahead
- Xiaomi is worried that investigations in India might affect it cash flows, operating results
- Delhi and Kolkata are the two most polluted cities in the world: Report
- There is a yawning gap between the confidence of consumers and businesses
- TikTok’s in-app browser on iOS includes code that can monitor your keystrokes and taps