Wipro Q1 Net Profit Rises 29.5% To Rs 2,103 Crore
The Bangalore-headquartered firm’s consolidated net sales went up by 15.5% to Rs 11,245.5 crore in the April-June quarter of the current financial year from Rs 9,733.2 crore in the corresponding quarter of FY2013-14.
"We continue to win large deals particularly in the application and infrastructure space. We recently announced our largest ever total outsourcing deal," Wipro CEO T K Kurien said.
These deals indicate the confidence of clients in Wipro's transformational capabilities and re-affirm their faith in its client engagement strategy, he added.
"We continue to drive operational efficiency and invest in our strategy. Operating margins for the quarter was on expected lines, impacted largely due to wage hikes," Wipro CFO Suresh Senapaty said.
"It’s been a lukewarm period overall for the IT industry at large, including Wipro. That said, few contracts over the last quarter has helped Wipro get access to more high-profile deals at a time when outsourcing demand looks stronger as compared to previous years," Greyhound Research CEO Sanchit Vir Gogia said.
Popular on BI
- People are posting parody photos of their bedside table in response to Elon Musk's tweet which suggested the Twitter CEO kept two guns by his bed
- Elon Musk calls on all Twitter designers, engineers doing software to sit on his floor of HQ for 'dense and intense' work
- Sensex, Nifty50 open higher as US Fed signals smaller rate hikes – TCS, Apollo Hospitals, Zomato among stocks in focus
- Here are the best apps and games on Google Play in India 2022
- Top 10 companies with the highest net profit in India as per Hurun 2022 list
- Rupee gains 8 paise to close at 81.22 against US dollar
- BYJU’s, Zomato, Dream11 among India’s most valuable PE/VC-funded companies as per Hurun
- GST revenues rose by 11% to ₹1.46 lakh crore in November: Finance Ministry
- Dharmaj Crop IPO
- Reliance Jio
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- tata Consumer
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- VerSe Innovation Company
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World