Wipro’s Premji, Kurien Get Hefty Salary Hike
Bangalore-based IT firm
According to the former IT bellwether’s regulatory filling made on May 19 to the US Security and Exchange Commission, billionaire chairman Azim Premji's annual compensation, which includes salary and benefits, more than doubled to $1.71 million in fiscal 2012-2013, up from $733,827 in fiscal 2012-2013.
Premji's pay doubled mainly on account of a boost in variable pay component. He also received an additional 0.3% commission, calculated on the firm's incremental net profits over the previous year.
Wipro CEO TK Kurien's salary for the first time crossed the million-dollar mark. His compensation grew to $1.1 million by the end of March this year, from $888,228 in fiscal year 2012-2013.
This reward to Kurien, who took over the job in 2011, is also a sign that the IT company continued to back his turnaround plans.
The reward given to Kurien comes days after
The annual salaries of Premji and Kurien, however, do not include their dividend earnings from shareholding in Wipro.
- Best broadband plans in India in 2021 – JioFiber, Airtel Xstream Fiber and ACT Fibernet
- IPL 2021: Royal Challengers Bangalore have beaten Sunrisers Hyderabad 7 out of 18 times they played each other
- Publicis Groupe consolidates Data Science, Programmatic and Media Tech with Zenith and Starcom, under a common leadership
- Here are the 7 Indians who will be a part of Cannes Lions Jury this year
- CBSE Class 10 board exams cancelled, Class 12 exams postponed as COVID-19 cases surge