This chief minister is spending ₹2.2 million to skill his cabinet at one of India's top B-schools
Uttar Pradeshgovernment is training its ministers in political leadership skills.
- This will include imparting skills like economic analysis, communication skills, policy implementation and budgeting.
- As many as 56 state ministers including Chief Minister
Yogi Adityanathhave participated in a three-day long course ‘Manthan’ at IIM Lucknow.
- The state government infused roughly ₹22 lakhs for the training programme.
"People have huge expectations from a political leader. The 'Manthan' programme will play an important role in fulfilling these expectations,” IIM-Lucknow Director Archana Shukla told news agency PTI.
The course includes economic analysis, communication and persuasion skills, policy formulation and implementation, risk assessment, and budgeting.
The state government infused roughly ₹22 lakhs for the training programme — including course material and meals, TOI reported. It cost them ₹12,000 per minister’s as course fee. The first session was held on 8 September and the other two will take place on 15 and 22 September.
मुख्यमंत्री श्री @myogiadityanath ने कहा कि @UPGovt विगत ढाई वर्षों में जनता की आशाओं और आकांक्षाओं की कसौटी पर खरी… https://t.co/g3zEXfQfgp— CM Office, GoUP (@CMOfficeUP) 1567953700000
"It is the first time that a state government, in order to enhance its political leadership, has decided to seek training from one of the country's best management institutes," the Uttar Pradesh government said.
Study in India program to turn the country into an education hub for foreign students
IIM Calcutta to exchange students with universities in France and Canada
Paperless exams at 6 institutes saved 20 million sheets of paper, and can save more
Popular on BI
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- Elon Musk told his 76-year-old dad Errol to 'keep quiet' in a text message after he said he wasn't proud of his son, report says
- Armed Trump supporters protest outside FBI office in Phoenix following Mar-a-Lago raid: reports
- Modi remembers Nehru and Sarvarkar in his speech today
- Made-in-India gun used for 1st time for ceremonial salute at Red Fort on Independence Day
- How India can create opportunities for its new-age farmers
- Akasa Air founder, big bull Rakesh Jhunjhunwala passes at 62
- SIMPLY PUT: What happened before India got Freedom@Midnight