Babies cry in the womb - and 18 other surprising facts I learned when I became a dad
To counter the fear of becoming new parents, my wife and I read. And read and read and read.
We rounded up about a dozen science-backed books, scanned countless research studies, downloaded pregnancy apps, and shared hundreds of articles with each other over the following months.
During that flood of information, a handful of surprising facts floated above the rest, and I've collected them here.
What follows may not surprise an obstetrician, or even seasoned parents, but it nonetheless highlights the extraordinary human journey that is pregnancy.
More from this author
- Business Insider is hiring a science reporter
- 14 science-backed ways to sleep better
- 15 places where computer science majors dream of w...
- Ad tech company Audience Science is shutting down
- How to take the perfect vacation, according to sci...
- Science says happier people have these 9 things in...
- 9 science-backed ways to appear more attractive