11 genuinely useful Father's Day gifts for busy dads, according to a dad with little free time
Insider Picks writes about products and services to help you navigate when shopping online. Insider Inc. receives a commission from our affiliate partners when you buy through our links, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
- A gift that a dad just doesn't have the free time to use can end up being a bigger source of frustration than pleasure, so think carefully when buying Father's Day gifts this year.
- Practical gifts that make a dad's life easier and more efficient are always welcome, especially if they are an upgrade to a product he already uses.
- Father's Day gifts that are consumable are always welcome, as dads need to eat, so they might as well have some treats on hand.
When you're looking for the perfect Father's Day gift this year, keep in mind that the dad in question may not have time to enjoy most gifts, thoughtful as they might be.
So instead of giving a golf club that's going to collect dust in the garage or a book that's probably going to serve primarily as a paperweight, look for a dad gift the guy can actually enjoy despite having about five minutes of free time in his day, what with the job, kids, yard work, travel, and the rest of it.Great Father's Day gifts for busy dads are those products that replace something he's already using, like a new pair of pants or a high-quality tumbler, or that are treats he'll enjoy without having to carve out extra time in the day, like some gourmet snacks.
And ... if you're looking for a great Father's Day gift for me, keep it simple: I'll gladly accept a bunch of Hi-Chew candies and/or a bottle of gin. Or some socks. Seriously, I know it sounds boring, but great socks are genuinely a great Father's Day gift.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Harry & David gift box
Crazy comfortable and flexible jeansAdvertisement
A grill he can use indoors that doesn't get messy or smoky
A shirt that can't get stained or wetAdvertisement
A multi-tool that can pretty much do it all
A jogging stroller that combines parenting with exerciseAdvertisement
Mail-order gourmet meat
A digital picture frame that plays videos and musicAdvertisement
A fitness-tracking watch that helps Dad make the most of his runs
A smart hose timer that lets him control the watering from anywhereAdvertisement
An oil Dad can use on his face, body, and hair
- Best fitness bands in India to stay on top of your health
- Best budget Smart TV in India
- Best camera tripods for photography enthusiasts and learners
- Jupiter's mushball ammonia rain could explain the mystery behind shallow lightning storms in its atmosphere
- Global changes in land use is increasing the possibility of COVID-19 like outbreak, says a study