80 People Reportedly Came Into Contact With The Dallas Ebola Patient
Brandon Wade / Reuters
View all Offers
- 36% OFF
Duroflex LiveIn - Pressure Relieving, Memory Foam, Roll Pack, 6 Inch Single Size Medium Firm Mattress with Superior Comfort and Anti Microbial Fabric (72 X 36 X 6 Inches)₹ 7269₹ 12499Buy On
SleepX Ortho Plus Quilted 6 inch King Bed Size, Firm Memory Foam Mattress (Purple, 78x72x6 )₹ 11739₹ 23832Buy On
AmazonBasics High Back Executive Chair (Brown, Leather)₹ 9999₹ 18000Buy On
- 33% OFF
Duroflex LiveIn - Pressure Relieving, Memory Foam, Roll Pack, 6 Inch Double Size Medium Firm Mattress with Superior Comfort and Anti Microbial Fabric (72 X 48 X 6 Inches)₹ 9059₹ 14999Buy On
@home By Nilkamal Matt 1 Seater Recliner with Console (Fabric, Brown, Cocoa)₹ 14499₹ 42900Buy On
Thomas Eric Duncan was diagnosed with Ebola this week. He's the first person to be diagnosed with the dangerous disease in the US.
Duncan went to a Dallas emergency room with symptoms last week and told a nurse that he had recently traveled to the US from West Africa, which is currently seeing an unprecedented Ebola outbreak, but he was diagnosed with a minor infection and sent home, according to the Associated Press. He returned to the hospital when his symptoms worsened.
Officials initially identified only a dozen or so people who Duncan had come into contact with in the US, including some school children, but now that number has apparently swelled to 80.
The disease is contagious, but it spreads through bodily fluids, not the air, so it's possible to contain.
Ebola begins with flu-like symptoms and in many cases escalates to internal and external bleeding and organ failure.
The disease has a high fatality rate. It has killed 3,338 and infected at least 7,178 people in West Africa so far, and those numbers continue to climb.
- Amazon Great Republic Day Sale — Best deals and offers on Apple iPhones, iPads, and more
- ‘Extreme fear’ is ruling the crypto markets — is this an opportunity or a warning sign for investors?
- El Salvador's president hits back on Twitter after rating agency Moody's issues warning over its bitcoin buying
- pi Ventures plans to invest in 25 young startups with its latest $75 million fund
- Best deals on hair straighteners, trimmers and other grooming products on Amazon
- Amazon Republic Day Sale 2022 — Best deals and offers on Echo smart speakers, Fire TV Sticks and more
- Two IndiGo planes avert mid-air collision over Bengaluru airport, DGCA to take strict action
- India's tennis star Sania Mirza announces retirement from the sport by the end of 2022 season