Be a good HR manager with just these simple tips
Empathy is a great virtue. And a HR professional must possess it. Try to empathize with the
This is what should follow when an employee shares his issues at work with you. Once you hear him out, do not jump onto conclusions. It may happen that the person, he has complained about, is your friend. Do not be practice favouritism towards your friend and judge the complainant. Understand his position and try resolving it.For instance, if an HR manager doesn’t like an employee and someone else comes and complains about him, do not see this as a validation for his dislike. Instead probe and find out more about the situation.
Always remember, trust is a treasured quality and should be practiced religiously. As an HR professional, it becomes even more important to win the trust of the employees. When an employee comes and confides his problems in you, ensure that you keep it a secret. It would be unethical for a HR manager to ‘gossip’ about it with ten other people or passing it on to the person against whom the complained has been made.
Understand the business
An HR manager is of no value if he doesn’t understand the business he is supporting. Try and understand what the challenges are of the business you are working for. Lack of understanding of business will alienate you from the employees as you are not in a position to understand their problems.
Image Credit: Indiatimes.com
- India needs to add massive amount of solar and wind power capacity this year to meet its first target
- Elon Musk announces major redesigns for Tesla Model S
- Microsoft launches new India Development Centre facility in Noida
- Can pregnant women take COVID-19 vaccines? Health authorities are divided due to the lack of trials data
- A creator's guide to a successful journey in 2021