Exclusive: How demonetization has affected Shopclues
Online vs. Offline
“Digitizing the merchants have always been the plan. We want to digitize lakhs of merchants so that they affect crores of customers’’ says Sethi.
He calls Shopclues- the platform for merchants first, then customers.
Sethi emphasized that the difference between online and offline is decreasing rapidly. ”Now, it doesn’t make sense for retailers to not come online because they will be losing out. If you are an online seller and you don’t want to go offline and open a store, it is understandable but offline sellers need to go online because the convenience is unmatched.’’
ALSO READ: EXCLUSIVE: India’s biggest adult hygiene brand talks about how demonetization has affected business
AdvertisementDemonetization affected Shopclues in terms of platform traffic. “There was a significant drop in traffic in the first three-four days as 30% of our orders were Cash on Delivery.’’
Not just that, even after the move the company’s traffic is lowered at 5% compared to last year.
ALSO READ: Now, split movie ticket cost among friends using BookMyShow’s improved ‘MyWallet’ version
“It’s much more convenient for us to go cashless even though things are yet to settle. We are experiencing the same number of orders but the ticket-size and the no. Of units have decreased.’’
ALSO READ: EXCLUSIVE: Using this team messenger can help in reducing your Carbon footprint
AdvertisementSethi believes that another game changer in the e-commerce sector will be when
Popular on BI
- Not hard, not soft, the earliest dino eggs may have been of a 'leathery' texture to protect against damage: study
- Don't need to go big to go home: Australia is turning to sustainable 'tiny houses' to fix their housing crisis!
- Affordability levels to buy homes hit in last 2 years; to improve in 2024 on likely repo rate cut: JLL
- Carbon tax turns into climate fight at COP28
- Market to focus on macro data, global trends: Analysts