Hero Group enters electronics sector with Hero Electronix
Seeing the tremendous growth of the electronics market in India, the US $5 billion Brijmohan Lall Munjal - led Hero Group, with presence in over a dozen business verticals, also entered the sector with the formation of a new company, '
Suman Kant Munjal, chairman, Hero Electronix, said, "Hero Electronix will add associated business lines to its portfolio over the next few years and grow the vertical to help India develop a much needed sustainable electronics ecosystem. The company has lined up investments of Rs. 500 crore in next few years. This will give a huge impetus to the '
As its first strategic initiaive, Hero Electronix will acquire a majority shareholding in
Mybox is a leading supplier to marquee DTH and cable operators across India. A company with strong research and development capabilities, Mybox is a venture recognized by the Government of India and approved by DSIR (Department of Scientific and Industrial Research). It is also one of the very few companies engaged in end-to-end design of indigenous set top boxes.
In keeping with its long standing heritage of commitment to excellence, Hero aims to build strong in-house capabilities to help 'Make in India' flourish with this venture into the electronics sector. An iconic household name in India since 1950's, the group has helped the growth of industry in the country, bringing customer-focused products ranging from two-wheelers to financial solutions.
As per the estimates of
(Image credits: Indiatimes)
Popular on BI
- Zoho is selling its video calling app in as many ways as possible
- Artificial Learning and Machine Learning for Indian brand engagement? Gimme humans, please!
- WhatsApp now lets you turn on disappearing messages for all chats — here’s how to enable it
- RIL, Tata Motors, HCL Tech and PNB among top stocks to watch out for on December 7
- Tega Industries’ IPO allotment status will be announced tomorrow, GMP at ₹360