ICICI-Alibaba deal to ease trade finance for India-based sellers
AdvertisementAfter State Bank of India's move to
Indian micro, small and medium entrepreneurs (MSME) who are members of Alibaba.com will also get access to ICICI Bank's other banking facilities such as cash management,
"This collaboration underlines our commitment to providing users with banking solutions that simplify their lives. We believe this access to quick and integrated banking will enable Indian entrepreneurs to propel their business on the global platform," ICICI Bank Executive Director
Banks are exploring this segment with e-commerce space growing thick and fast to meet the aspirations of the next generation customers and small businesses.
"With trade facilitation center, Alibaba.com expects to offer access to various financing, credit and logistics services provided by ICICI Bank for our Indian customers," said Bhushan Patil, channels director with Alibaba.com in India. "We have also worked to sweeten this proposition by enabling Alibaba.com's members in India to enjoy better rates and discounts on ICICI Bank's products and services."
(image credits: nextshopin.blogspot)
Popular on BI
- Life and times of Rakesh Jhunjhunwala — the man behind the trader
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon told wealthy clients there's a chance the US is heading into 'something worse' than a recession, report says
- New Airtel and Reliance Jio prepaid plans compared
- Mobile accessories company Balaji Solutions files initial papers for public listing
- Ratan Tata launches Goodfellows which helps senior citizens make friends
- Rakesh Jhunjhunwala-backed Concord Biotech files for an IPO
- Ather 450X Gen 3 vs Ola S1 vs TVS iQube S – price, specs and features compared