Optiemus and Wistron join hands to invest $200mn to set up telecom manufacturing facilities in India
Keeping in mind Indian government’s ‘
As per information, a strategic investment worth approximately US$ 200million would be done in world-class infrastructure, technologies and processes over the next five years. This would be done to cater to the growing Indian and global demands of telecom products like smart phones, tablets and smart devices.
The joint venture also aims to create over 15,000 employment opportunities in India in the next 5 years and provide a complete end to end solution to global and Indian brands encompassing world-class manufacturing infrastructure, distribution, retail and after sales.
By 2017, India is expected to overtake USA to be the second largest smartphone market globally, as per research firm IDC. The market is expected to continue to grow in double-digits over the next few years as more and more people switch to smartphones and gradually upgrade to 4G-enabled phones.
Popular on BI
- A student who accidentally became a millionaire with a cult following after selling his expressionless selfies as NFTs says he feels confused
- After 10-minute grocery delivery, a 15-minute ambulance service grabs investor interest
- Fortune oil maker Adani Wilmar is looking to acquire southern players in edible oil, FMCG industry
- Budget Session Part I: Rajya Sabha to sit in morning, Lok Sabha in evening due to Covid restrictions
- Best 65-inch smart LED TV in India
- Budget Session Part I: Different timings for Lok Sabha, Rajya Sabha in view of Covid
- Smriti Mandhana named ‘ICC Women’s Cricketer 2021’; Here’s a look at her achievements so far
- Scammers are exploiting Google, Amazon and Apple’s services to steal crypto