Optiemus and Wistron join hands to invest $200mn to set up telecom manufacturing facilities in India
Keeping in mind Indian government’s ‘
As per information, a strategic investment worth approximately US$ 200million would be done in world-class infrastructure, technologies and processes over the next five years. This would be done to cater to the growing Indian and global demands of telecom products like smart phones, tablets and smart devices.
The joint venture also aims to create over 15,000 employment opportunities in India in the next 5 years and provide a complete end to end solution to global and Indian brands encompassing world-class manufacturing infrastructure, distribution, retail and after sales.
By 2017, India is expected to overtake USA to be the second largest smartphone market globally, as per research firm IDC. The market is expected to continue to grow in double-digits over the next few years as more and more people switch to smartphones and gradually upgrade to 4G-enabled phones.
- UP's Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath announces free funerals for deceased Covid patients
- You no longer need a Covid+ve report to get admitted to a hospital: Union Health Ministry
- Supreme Court sets up a 12-member National Task Force to facilitate public health response to the pandemic
- Adobe Summit 2021: Empowering a digital-first economy through personalisation
- Crime branch to probe recovery of O2 concentrators from Delhi eateries, including Khan Market's famous Khan Chacha and Town Hall