RCom and SSTL merger gets CCI stamp
The proposed merger of
As per ET reports, Reliance Communications and SSTL were in talks for a possible takeover in an all-stock deal which is expected to be worth around Rs 4,500-5,000 crore. The deal would give SSTL’s shareholders a stake of around 10% in the merged entity.
As per the deal, Reliance would have access to airwaves in the 850 Mhz band which will be most probably be used for its forthcoming 4G services. The validity of its licenses in eight high-revenue generating circles like Delhi, Gujarat, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu will also be extended by 12 years. SSTL, on the other hand, will get to be a part of a stronger company and will finally be able to expand its CDMA-based business.
SSTL is the Indian telecom unit of Russia's
- Farmer unions cancel Budget day march to Parliament, but say their agitation will continue
- 9 people died and 16 hospitalised out of 23,28,779 people vaccinated till now in India, but Additional Secretary, Health, said that none of the deaths are linked to the Covid-19 vaccination
- Naidu reviews arrangements for Budget Session of Parliament
- Budget day march to Parliament cancelled by farmer unions
- Sabyasachi sells 51% stake to Aditya Birla Fashion