A dam in Puerto Rico is failing after Hurricane Maria and forcing towns to evacuate
REUTERS/Carlos Garcia Rawlins
The Guajataca Dam on the island's northwest coast is prompting flash flooding downstream just days after Hurricane Maria left Puerto Rico completely without power.Buses near the dam are currently evacuating residents "as quickly as they can," the Associated Press reported.
At least 26 people have been killed by the storm so far as it moves through the Caribbean. It is currently moving past the Turks and Caicos islands with maximum sustained winds of 125 mph. Hurricane warnings are currently in effect there as well as in the southeastern Bahamas.This is a developing story.
- Everybody in India must get Covid vaccine free, says Kejriwal
- Samsung now lets you buy up to four products in one single EMI as it seeks to boost sales this festive season
- Equitas Small Finance Bank IPO allotment: Here’s how to check share allotment status
- K'taka healthcare warriors first to get Covid vaccine: Minister
- Cong, BJP in K'taka cross swords over vaccine promise